Good morning guys! The other day I was looking through my posts and I realised that although I’ve been blogging consistently since October, I’ve never actually done a post dedicated to you guys actually learning facts about me!
I love reading other bloggers’ ‘facts about me’ posts, I think it’s so interesting to learn about the person behind the blog – so voila! Here are 25 things that you probably didn’t know about me!
Twenty Five Facts About Me:
01. I’m short. Averaging about five foot six inches in height (and I look like I’m sixteen in the face, too).
02. I make a living as a cameraman and video editor in the city.
03. I love writing and always have since I was tiny.
04. A dream of mine is to one day be a published author of fiction.
05. I read constantly. Both physical books and audio books. (I sometimes do book-ish posts on the blog, if you guys would like me to do more of them be sure to let me know!)
06. The Secret History by Donna Tartt is my absolute favourite fiction novel.
07. I think kindness and compassion are two of the most important forces in this world. If you can be anything, I believe you should be kind.
08. The gym is my second home.
09. I’m a pescetarian. (Update: I’ve been a vegetarian now since 1st March 2017!)
10. I have a massive sweet tooth. Particularly for chocolate.
11. I love to travel.
12. Paris is my favourite city that I’ve visited so far.
13. I’m gay.
14. I’ve been ‘out’ since I was sixteen.
15. I’ve been dating Scott, the love of my life, since I was sixteen also.
16. I’m a HUGE animal lover.
17. I have a rescue pug called Winston. He’s seven years old and he’s got severe anxiety issues but I love him more and more each day.
18. I grew up with a lot of animals, including twelve dogs (miniature schnauzers), seven chickens, a ridiculous amount of guinea pigs and a koi pond of fish.
19. I’m a small town boy who grew up surrounded by the countryside.
20. I name my cars after women/characters that have changed my life. My first, a Suzuki Swift, was called Taylor (Swift) and my second, a Chevrolet Spark, is called Leslie (Knope). (
Is that weird?)
21. I think storytelling is a form of magic.
22. I could live off caramel. And pasta. Both are solid choices.
23. Family and friends are my two priorities before anything. As Leslie Knope said “We need to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn’t matter, but work is third.“
24. I believe in the paranormal.
25. This year, I’m making a concerted effort to learn as much about the Earth as I can.
This was fun! Thank-you so much for reading all of these facts about me. If you want to get more personal on my blog, I actually have a personal category where I talk solely about my life, which you can check out here.
Sharing facts and information about ourselves can be scary, but it’s so cathartic to relate and chat with you guys – thank-you as always for taking the time to read my little blog.
I hope you have a lovely day,