Good morning guys! The other day I was looking through my posts and I realised that although I’ve been blogging consistently since October, I’ve never actually done a post dedicated to you guys getting to know me!
I love reading other bloggers’ versions of these, I think it’s so interesting to learn about the person behind the blog – so voila! Here are 25 things that you probably didn’t know about me!
01. I’m short. Averaging about five foot six inches in height (and I look like I’m sixteen in the face, too).
02. I make a living as a cameraman and video editor in the city.
03. I love writing and always have since I was tiny.
04. A dream of mine is to one day be a published author of fiction.
05. I read constantly. Both physical books and audio books. (I sometimes do book-ish posts on the blog, if you guys would like me to do more of them be sure to let me know!)
06. The Secret History by Donna Tartt is my absolute favourite fiction novel.
07. I think kindness and compassion are two of the most important forces in this world. If you can be anything, I believe you should be kind.
08. The gym is my second home.
09. I’m a pescetarian.
10. I have a massive sweet tooth. Particularly for chocolate.
11. I love to travel.
12. Paris is my favourite city that I’ve visited so far.
13. I’m gay.
14. I’ve been ‘out’ since I was sixteen.
15. I’ve been dating Scott, the love of my life, since I was sixteen also.
16. I’m a HUGE animal lover.
17. I have a rescue pug called Winston. He’s seven years old and he’s got severe anxiety issues but I love him more and more each day.
18. I grew up with a lot of animals, including twelve dogs (miniature schnauzers), seven chickens, a ridiculous amount of guinea pigs and a koi pond of fish.
19. I’m a small town boy who grew up surrounded by the countryside.
20. I name my cars after women/characters that have changed my life. My first, a Suzuki Swift, was called Taylor (Swift) and my second, a Chevrolet Spark, is called Leslie (Knope). (
Is that weird?)
21. I think storytelling is a form of magic.
22. I could live off caramel. And pasta. Both are solid choices.
23. Family and friends are my two priorities before anything. As Leslie Knope said “We need to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn’t matter, but work is third.”
24. I believe in the paranormal.
25. This year, I’m making a concerted effort to learn as much about the Earth as I can.
And there we go! That’s 25 facts about me. Thank-you so much for reading, I’d love to know some facts about you – or if any of my own facts resonate with yours? Be sure to comment that down below, or tweet/Instagram me @mileinmyglasses!
I hope you have a lovely day,