Winter sun, here I come! I’ve been so excited about our trip to Corralejo since we booked it last month. You guys might know that Scott and I love visiting the town, which is on the island of Fuerteventura, one of the Canary Islands. Fuerteventura benefits from a lovely balmy temperature year round, and is somewhere that I’ve associated with rest and relaxation since our first visit in 2017. The island is quiet, with Corralejo being the main town on the entire island. I’m actually working on an island guide to Fuerteventura, which will be live following our trip, that I can’t wait to share with you! For now though, this is my Corralejo packing list for the next week.
The polar opposite to England, Fuerteventura is currently enjoying temperatures between 20 to 25 degrees celsius, so it’s a lot of t-shirts, shorts and baggy overshirts. Scott and I are staying in our first Airbnb on the island (get £25 off your first Airbnb stay with this referral link from me), which has a private sun terrace that I’m so excited to use. Since outdoor pools in Fuerteventura are rarely heated, it will probably still be too cold for a dip in the pool, so that wasn’t a factor when we booked our accommodation. I’m throwing some longer pieces in my luggage for the evenings: items like longer trousers, sweatshirts and hoodies I can throw on when we’re soaking in the sunset from our favourite beach bars.
If you’ve ever read any of my packing lists before, you’ll know I like to summarise my favourite bits and pieces that are coming with me on holiday. Initially, it was a throw-away post that I was doing for fun, but after the response (and how much I’ve come back to it!) I decided that I wanted it to be a more permanent feature on my blog when I travel. I love seeing what outfit favourites of mine change through the year, and it’s always a great reference for planning what items to take on future trips.
In the Wardrobe
- A hat to protect my head from sun exposure.
- Comfortable hoodie for night-time adventures.
- A lightweight jumper to throw on in the evening.
- Various viscose-style shirts for layering.
- Regular-fit linen shirts for casual styling.
- Some basic t-shirts as a comfortable essential.
- My favourite pair of blue denim jeans.
- My go-to pair of stone chino shorts.
- Striped swim shorts for impromptu dives in the pool.
- These white kicks that I’m currently obsessed with.
- A pair of comfortable sandals for daytime adventures.
- My old reliable beat-up converse for comfort.
In the Cosmetic Bag
- Burts Bees Lip Balm to protect my lips.
- Olay Whip SPF 25, my go-to moisturiser that is light but nourishing.
- Piz Buin SPF 30 Lightweight Face Fluid to top-up and keep my skin safe.
- Ambre Solaire SPF 50 Dry Mist Spray for easy application and immediate protection.
- Kiehl’s Age Defender Eye Repair Cream to nourish and replenish my under-eye area.
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Overnight Hydration Masque for intense hydration through the night.
- Burts Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Cleansing Cream to wash off the previous day.
- Jo Malone Lime, Basil and Mandarin Cologne for a refreshing island scent.
I’d love to know what your favourite pieces are that you can’t travel without. If you want to leave any suggestions in the comments below. In the meantime, I’m counting the days till we’re on the island again and I couldn’t be more excited. I hope you’ve liked this Corralejo packing list.
What are your must-pack travel essentials?
Pin this for later?