I’ve been toying with the idea of a weekly post every Sunday that serves as a sort-of wrap up from the past week and a look at the week ahead. Something informal, off-the-cuff and short form rather than the longer posts that I traditionally share on a Monday/Thursday (now Tuesday/Thursday while I test this new routine out).
I feel like the blog has been lacking more personal content, and I thought this would be a great way to ‘virtually’ chat over Sunday morning coffee/brunch. I wanted to coin it ‘The Sunday Mile’ based around a relaxed and informal take on one of my favourite days of the week.
And so, here is my week in review…
- I shared an update on our house (#StreamsideTownhouse on Instagram!) this week, after being residents for our first month. I was amazed at how nice all my readers are, especially in my e-mails. Thank-you if you sent me a little message!
- I’m obsessed with all things burrata recently, can’t wait to make this recipe sometime in August!
- Also loving the idea of this super-thick melted hot chocolate. Makes me half wish that Autumn was here already so I could cosy up with a mug of it!
- I finally picked up the LARQ bottle this week, after waiting for them to launch in England for MONTHS. I use a water bottle all day on shoots, at the office and at the gym, so I’m hoping to get loads of use out of this one. If you haven’t heard of LARQ, click this link to get informed on why everyone is loving them (I went for the white and grey!).
- Is it too early to buy Autumn-themed candles? I picked up DW Home’s Salted Pumpkin and Caramel candle (similar here) this week from T.K. Maxx and love the smell! I’m going to try and hold off lighting it till September, though…
- Scott and I are trying to decide on light fittings for the house. We’ve done the dining table and the ground floor hallway, now just the rest of the rooms to go. You can follow updates to this through our Instagram Stories!
- My friends and I visited a Korean restaurant called Angel on Hanover Street in Liverpool over the past weekend. It was my second time and it reminded me of how much I love bibimbap. So delicious. If you’re local to Liverpool, I definitely recommend you visit there.
- I shared my love of stone linen trousers in my post this week about alternatives to white denim, and loved the response from those who read it! I had no idea so many others had trouble with white denim, too. It’s just so stark!
Thanks for reading the first ever Sunday Mile! I hope you’ve had a wonderful weekend so far.